A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
We are a dynamic growing, international pharmaceutical company headquartered in Reinbek near Hamburg. Within the global Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany pharmaceutical, chemistry and life science group, we have with great success specialized in the development, manufacture and sale of preparations to diagnose and treat allergic diseases. We are amongst the leading pharmaceutical companies in the area of specific immunotherapy.
Your role: This position is responsible for the development, optimization and validation of bioanalytical methods for the characterization of products for allergen immunotherapy. You establish and supervise contract analytical laboratories for selected methods. Also, your role includes designing and conducting experiments as well as instructing lab personnel. You prepare development and validation reports in German and English to support method transfer to collaborating departments. You work at the interface of the departments development and quality control considering GxP requirements. Furthermore, you assist in the generation of regulatory documents and participate in interdisciplinary project teams.
Who you are:
- University degree (Master, Diploma) in life science (e.g. molecular biology, biochemistry, pharmacy or food chemistry), PhD preferred
- Profound knowledge in bioanalytical characterization of proteins as well as in physicochemical, molecular biological und immunological methods
- Hands-on experience in method development, validation and transfer
- Knowledge in the field of allergy research as well as knowledge of GMP/GLP preferred
- Strong self-organized and proactive way of working, highly self-motivated and ability to motivate others
- High level of assertiveness as well as very good problem-solving skills and scientific creativity
- Excellent communication skills in German and English language
What we offer: We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com