A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your role: Based in Rockville, Maryland, you will have primary responsibility for managing the portfolio of biosafety testing within the BioReliance® testing services. You will coordinate across R&D, Quality, Operations, Regulatory, Field Technical Sales, Strategy, Sales, Pricing, Customer Project Management, and all functions to support lifecycle management implementation, launches, and ongoing innovation. You will report to the business leadership on progress of various lifecycle management projects. You will ensure coordination across multiple global sites to ensure consistency of the service offering and customer experience (US, UK, Singapore, etc.). You will be responsible for lifecycle management of current methods, as well as introduction of new methods, working on aspects of pricing, go-to-market strategy development, and launch activities. You will obtain deep understanding of customer needs as well as complex market and competitive dynamics and make recommendations to scientific and business leadership to increase growth of the biosafety testing portfolio. You will prepare business cases in support of new service development ideas and will report performance regularly to senior leadership. You will have primary responsibility for developing global strategic and tactical marketing plans in support of biosafety testing.
Who you are:
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Life Sciences with 2+ years of product management, marketing, business strategy, business implementation, and/or consulting experience in Life Sciences industry.
- Knowledge of technical and scientific details of biopharmaceutical manufacturing and testing; credible discussing current and future trends in the industry in front of customers and internal stakeholders; able to contribute to thought leadership activities.
- Ability to see the current and future business within a broader context and quickly synthesize implications and opportunities for the business to both internal and external audiences.
- Ability to communicate both orally and written to internal and external audiences, including to the leadership team, to foster collaboration, drive alignment, and achieve results.
- Experience working with and manipulating large amounts of financial/other data in Excel. Financial modeling experience a plus.
- Travel (including international travel) up to 35% of time will be required.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.