- Supervise the 1st level IT support of Global Service Desk Japanese line that serves the end users in Japan through Phone, Chat, and Web.
- Call Management. Acceptance of requests for assistance ensuring all information is accurately recorded in the Service Desk call logging software. Ownership of calls/chats/web tickets within the Service Desk and proactive in moving to final resolution, escalating appropriately as necessary. Daily reviewing and delegation of outstanding calls/chats/web tickets across the team. Ownership of ensuring all calls/chats/web tickets are resolved within SLA by team members.
- Daily reporting on Call Acceptance SLA achievement and analyse the statistics of Call/Chat/Web tickets on a weekly basis. Investigate areas of concern when internal SLAs are not met and ways to improve availability.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to Japan IT Service Desk Experts to assist them in resolving calls at first point of contact. Ensuring the Service Desk team understands and adheres to applicable SOPs and practices.
- Organize regular training activities to maintain a core level of knowledge regarding IT services and policies among all Service Desk Experts. New Employee Orientation for Service Desk Experts as and when required.
- Major Incident Management. Perform the role of Major Incident Manager throughout the P1 Major Incident. Ensuring timely communication with the business; ensuring the Major Incident process is followed to agreed time commitments.
- Process Improvements. Identify process improvement opportunities and drive for the implementation of effective Global IT Service Desk processes and documentation. Assist the management in creating processes; ensuring all processes remain effective and all Service Desk employees trained to an acceptable standard.
- Collect end user’s feedback through daily operation activities and regular survey session, follow on the continues improvement plan.
- Build effective communication channel with Global Service Desk team and other support level members across IT environment to keep support services running smoothly and efficiently.
- Past work experience in a high-traffic customer service setting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Japanese and English.
- Always have a positive and supportive attitude.
- Strong problem solving and research skills.
- Knowledge of commonly-used IT concepts, practices, and procedures for end user technical support.
- 5+ years’ experience supporting laptops, desktops, Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Lync, Skype for Business, Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Experience supporting mobile devices (iPhones, iPads), including working with MDM solutions such as Airwatch, Intune, Mobile Iron, etc.
- Microsoft Certifications (MCP, MCSE, MCSA) and experience with Microsoft SCCM a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree (4-year college degree) preferred
- Experience in Life Sciences/Healthcare industry/Performance Materials preferred
Recruiting Contact: Nozomu Yokota