A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
We are a dynamic growing, international pharmaceutical company headquartered in Reinbek near Hamburg. Within the global Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany pharmaceutical, chemistry and life science group, we have with great success specialized in the development, manufacture and sale of preparations to diagnose and treat allergic diseases. We are amongst the leading pharmaceutical companies in the area of specific immunotherapy.
Your role: This position is responsible for the investigation of sera from allergic subjects by immunoblot and ImmunoCAP analyses as well as the characterization of allergens by various biochemical and biophysical methods. You manage the sera bank and generate sera pools for quality control of products incl. GMP-compliant documentation. The candidate designs experiments and instructs personnel. Other responsibilities include evaluating and reporting of analytic results as well as compiling validation and transfer reports in German and English language. In your role you cooperate with our departments Quality Control and Regulatory Affairs in interdisciplinary project teams. Furthermore, you sort out acute analytical problems and challenges.
Who you are:
- University degree (Master, Diploma) in life science (e.g. biology, biochemistry, pharmacy or food chemistry), PhD preferred
- Knowledge in bioanalytical methods (e.g. SDS-PAGE, IEF, mass spectrometry) as well as in biochemical and biophysical characterization of proteins
- Hands-on experience in the field of allergy research
- Profound knowledge in immunological characterization methods for human sera (immunoblot analysis, inhibition assays, ImmunoCAP)
- Experience in compilation of regulatory documents as well as knowledge of GMP/GLP preferred
- In-depth knowledge of MS Office programs and ERP
- Excellent communication skills in German and English language
What we offer: We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com