A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Based on a strong understanding of current and anticipating future customer, market and regulatory needs, the Technical Specialist position (US) for Global PSS Field Technology Management (FTM) is responsible for providing scientific excellence for the US customers in the biologics market. He/She will target large pharma and champion general scientific support for cell substrate testing, viral clearance and bulk harvest lot release testing. The job holder performs duties independently whilst working in collaboration with global teams including UK and APAC Field TM, Testing R & D, Operations, Sales & Marketing, and Quality Assurance. The Technical Specialist reports to the Global Head of FTM.
- Act as the technical expert in Biologics testing areas including cell line characterization, (CLC), lot release testing (LRT) and viral clearance (VC) for BioReliance Testing Services US customers, providing scientific and technical thought leadership directly to the client.
- Own the scientific and regulatory relationship with key clients, providing technical input into relevant programs with ongoing scientific support with regards to custom projects and technical solutions to meet current regulatory expectations
- Support to Sales and Operations teams for major customer acquisitions by providing scientific and regulatory support, generate custom proposals to win new orders.
- Have multi-scientific knowledge: Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Virology, Immunoassays
- Work closely with other Field Technology Management representatives and interact effectively with cross functional teams
- Understand regulatory direction for specific regulatory agencies in US region while ensuring knowledge and understanding of global regulatory needs
- Act as scientific thought leader for BioReliance Testing Services in the US region
Who you are:
- Ph.D. in Life Sciences relevant scientific field or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in biologics manufacturing with a focus on downstream processing
- Relevant industry experience in a pharmaceutical or biologics is required. Experience within a regulated environment and ability to interact effectively with regulatory agencies.
- Strong interpersonal experience with a demonstrated ability to lead and influence teams and individuals is required
- Strong negotiating skills required. As “voice of the expert”, provide effective communication and working relationships with customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills in
- Demonstrates strong client facing skills
- Willingness to travel 30 to 50% of the time. Some international travel required
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.