A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role will support the Fertility & Endocrinology therapeutic area (TA) across a range of business planning exercises as well as leading the development and coordination of customer planning and other therapeutic area operational processes. This position will coordinate and lead, on behalf of the TA, exercises such as brand planning and SD process, manage monthly finance deliverables, assist communications initiatives, and serve as a liaison with other functional areas to support contract performance and execution. This position will also lead key projects to ensure efficiencies are being realized in day-to-day activities and will manage operations initiatives related to the fertility technologies business. This position will report to the Associate Director, Contracts & Business Operations in the Fertility & Endocrinology franchise and will have responsibilities for the following marketed and non-promoted brands: GONALf® (recombinant follitropin alfa for injection), EMD Serono’s broader Fertility portfolio (Cetrotide and Ovidrel) and the emerging fertility technology business portfolio, including an innovative suite of medical devices, software and services geared toward the IVF lab.
- Supports Fertility & Endocrinology TA across a range of business planning exercises including Long Range Planning (SD), Brand Planning, Quarterly Business Reviews, Budgeting, Communications and Senior Leadership Team business updates
- Assist in the coordination, with the AD, Contracts & Business Operations, contract execution process and work closely with support functions (MACS, BE, Finance) to ensure contracts are being executed in a timely manner in relation to rebates paid, data received, issue resolution, and contract renewals.
- Conduct ongoing analysis, reporting, ROI assessment and annual overview of contract expirations (SPP, payer, MSO, etc..) to ensure appropriate time allowed for the analysis, review and decisions
- Support the Strategy and Operations teams to development and coordination of customer planning processes. Evaluates operational processes and analyzes, recommends and implements enhancements
- Work with Commercial support functions (BE, MACS) in leading key projects and coordinating day-to-day activities
- Work with AD, Contracts & Business operations to compile insights from data (patient programs (AD, AD+, CC, etc..), clinic data, patient support centers) to review performance and provide ROI improvement or efficiencies
- Coordinates with Marketing and Sales Training to identify TA training needs and opportunities
Who you are: Strong business acumen with keen analytical sense and ability to utilize quantitative analysis and sound business judgment in interpretation of sales and market data
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Marketing or related bachelor’s degree required.
- 5+ Years Bio-Pharmaceutical/Health Care Industry experience with at least 5 years of Sales, Marketing or Managed Markets.
- MBA Preferred.
- PMP certification a plus.
- Effective communication & interpersonal skills with key stakeholders
- Experience within Endocrinology, Fertility or HIV therapeutic areas a plus.
- Proven Project Management and Analytical skills.
- Experience in contract execution and/or develop
- Experience in analyzing and evaluating contract/patient ROI.
- Understanding of patient-based programs.
- Experience in supporting QBRs, Brand Planning and Long-Range Planning.
- Experience working within a matrixed organizational structure
- Outstanding oral, written and communication skills.
- Advanced software skills, particularly MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to influence without authority.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to collaborate effectively across functions in a complex matrixed organization and business environment.
- Ability to manage Project and drive timelines and key milestones
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.