A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The manufacturing manager is responsible and accountable to align and direct the site cGMP manufacturing strategy and efforts with the divisional economic goals for the launch and support of HPAPI manufacturing. Also, direct multiple teams of manufacturing Supervisors or individuals, in collaboration with project management, Business Development, EH&S, Verona manufacturing, Analytical, QC/QA, Regulatory, and other teams, to achieve company and divisional goals for API compounds that ensure the growth of the corporation.
- Maintain and communicate a clear manufacturing vision for the safe and efficient production of APIs and other GMP compounds.
- Assemble and maintain high level manufacturing supervisors and scientific staff.
- Review, establish, and monitor timelines and resources for all departmental teams.
- Ensure effective and timely communication between production teams, business units, and other departments.
- Direct appropriate personnel in order to achieve manufacturing strategies.
- Ensure timely reviews of supervisors and their teams. Set department objectives and ensure supervisors set objectives for their team members.
- Monitor and ensure Quality and Process techniques of the manufacturing department meet project objectives.
- Drive, support, and monitor process improvement initiatives.
- Assemble and maintain a flexible, efficient team that supports the company’s needs for a wide range of chemical API production techniques for both the company’s existing and future technologies.
- Establish department guidelines for scientific competency in the chemical API field.
- Establish department guidelines for project evaluations, workloads, and staff interaction with customer base.
- Establish guidelines for successful project transfer to scale-up or commercial manufacturing operations to meet schedules and economics.
- Direct manufacturing department needs, review and adjust as needed to align manufacturing efforts and business goals.
- Participate in business development review and customer interactions.
- Establish and manage safety and quality requirements for the manufacturing department.
- Establish manufacturing budgets by setting guidelines for salaries, supplies, capital expenditures, travel, entertainment, and other budget items.
- Coordinate and align the manufacturing budget with corporate goals.
- Manage all facets of manufacturing to stay within the budget.
- Participate in safety and environmental projects.
- Develop team members by applying a continuous improvement model to their work.
- Maintain all department HR related counseling, reviews, job descriptions, etc. in a timely manner.
Who You Are:
- Minimum of a BS degree in a scientific field; MS or Ph.D. in Chemistry or equivalent is preferred.
- Background in cGMP pharmaceutical manufacturing setting, preferably related to API production.
- Previous role(s) related to supervising/employee oversight.
- Strong organizational skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and demonstrated leadership ability are required.
- Must be able to provide presentations regarding overall facility capabilities to customers or potential customers.
- Must be able to assess technical packages, evaluate chemistry for fit with facility capabilities, and proficiently discuss projects with customer representatives.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.