A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
MilliporeSigma has an opening for an R&D technician. This position is located in Bedford, MA. The person will support the development of new membranes to be used in our filtration products. Working with a group of engineers, this person will be involved in the operation and upkeep of prototype membrane equipment involving variety of process steps. This person will also be responsible for lab experiments involving chemicals, sampling and testing of prototypes. This person will conduct preliminary data analysis, communicate observations and issues to the engineers.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 49 pounds unaided and 50-100 pounds with assistance and/or proper engineering controls.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field or Associates degree with 1+ years’ experience in a similar Lab role. Those with more than 5+ years of Lab or research experience with progressive responsibility in a similar role will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 1+years of experience with automated manufacturing equipment operation
- 1+ years of hands-on working experience in R&D and/or pilot membrane development.
- Experience in roll-to-roll processing and web handling is a strong plus
- Hands-on mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Be self-motivated and possess a strong work ethics.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word software programs.
- Troubleshooting skills
- Maintains understanding of safe work practices.
- Must have good laboratory habits and be able to follow SOPs, procedures and protocols.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.