A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
The PhD work will serve the purpose of evaluating a newly developed equipment for continuous manufacturing and will be performed in close cooperation with the equipment vendor and the university of Düsseldorf. The following work packages are expected to be completed within ca. 3 years:
- - Model development for general process scale up regarding feeding, granulation, drying, tablet pressing and coating
- - Prediction of quality attributes based on screw configuration and dryer parameters
- - Case study QbCon: Deep scientific understanding of Bohle’s QbCon units and impact of process parameters on material attributes
- - Control of all relevant process parameters
- - Application of model to process parameter transfer from Bohle’s QbCon-1 to QbCon-25 with the goal to obtain identical products for the individual QbCon units, e.g. for granule‘s material attributes after twin-screw granulation (TSG) or horizontal fluid-bed dryer (HFBD)
- - Work to be performed, Darmstadt, Bohle, Ennigerloh and partly HHU, Düsseldorf
- - Systematic experiments on QbCon-1
- - Systematic experiments on QbCon-25 at Bohle
- - In-silico model development
- - Reporting and student supervision at HHU
What we offer: In our company, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!