A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your role: we have an exciting opportunity for an IT Desktop Technician to join our team here in Poole. As part of a global team of Desktop Support technicians you will be working act as 2nd and 3rd level onsite support. You will be supporting onboarding new employees and using your knowledge and expertise alongside Global teams to resolve complicated and advanced IT related issues whilst demonstrating a positive and supportive experience for the customer at all times. The role also involves services relating to Lifecycle management, Asset Management, License Management and User Access management for end user’s software, hardware. The role will also involve supporting ongoing integration activities. Many users will be remote so ability to resolve issues over the telephone/skype is essential. Although based in Poole, there will be frequent requirement for to travel to Gillingham, North Dorset and occasional travel to other site locations.
Who you are:
- Experienced in supporting laptops, desktops, Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Skype, Teams, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Office 365) in a customer-facing role is essential.
- Hold Microsoft Certifications e.g. MCP, MCSA qualifications.
- Committed to providing excellent service to our users at all levels.
- Experienced in supporting mobile devices (iPhones, iPads) and remote users over VPN connections.
- Diligent with administration tasks such as asset record-keeping and IT ticket handling (Service Now).
What we offer: We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com