A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Reporting to the Global Head of Internal Communications for Life Science, this individual will have oversight of various communications channels used to deliver news, business updates and information, as well as messaging and campaigns, to the Life Science population. Specifically, this person will focus efforts on developing and executing a communications strategy targeted to reach non-desk employees – namely, our manufacturing and field employees across the Life Science network. This role focuses heavily on the utilization of existing “environmental communications channels” (large scale digital displays, touch screens, LDCs, printed collateral, podcasts), as well as the development of new tactics and delivery methods to serve this population. This individual will serve as an interface for site contacts and coordinators, involved in the local execution of our global initiatives.
- Partner with Communications colleagues to pull through and tailor internal campaigns and programming to drive engagement, awareness and education of the global manufacturing, distribution and field employees.
- Work with site leaders, site coordinators and ISCO to execute on a communications strategy, including tactical support and pull-through – i.e. maintenance intranet, some meeting logistics, support of tactical campaign execution on a global level.
- Management and oversight of our global, mass email system for Life Science.
- Ensure consistency and pull through of messaging across the organization, in line with Life Science business goals, Group Communications priorities and our overall communications strategy.
- Develop new tactics and implement tools and technology to drive communications within the manufacturing and distribution network, with a specific focus on building business awareness and fostering deeper engagement across all sites.
- Collaborate on the planning and execution of large scale corporate events, with a focus on driving rich content that will accelerate knowledge, solutions and empowerment across the organization and elevate our Life Science message.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5+ years’ Communication and Engagement experience
- Master’s degree preferred
- Demonstrates strong writing skills
- Experience in developing memos, key messages and slide presentations
- Some special events specific to area
- Project management experience a plus
- Ability to execute tactics according to a plan
- Demonstrates strategic skills
- Demonstrates knowledge of communication strategies across all channels to provide straight forward innovative solutions, ranging from communication strategy to consultancy to tactics
- Ability to communicate in a cross-functional team
- Ability to drive change
- Ability to travel up to 10%
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.