A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
To work in conjunction with Project Managers (Leaders) to contribute to the management of cross-functional programs resulting in high quality, robust deliverables required for effective program planning and execution including: Integrated project timelines, risk management plans, project communication tools, portfolio assessment and management, and budget development and tracking
- Be responsible and accountable for global cross-functional team meeting set-up and record keeping, including necessary off-site events
- Plan, schedule and coordinate effective team meetings and events, assuring optimal participation, advance preparation of meeting agenda and presentations; prepare and distribute meeting minutes, track and follow up on action items and ensure project stakeholders are fully informed of team decisions
- Communicate key messages and actions resulting from team meetings
- Create and use existing tools for managing projects, including dashboards and apply effective project management principles, processes and tools to enable project success
- Develop communication tools enabling the identification of issues and misalignments on project execution and collaborate with team members to establish and implement process improvements
- Drive development and maintenance of electronic data sharing sites for team collaboration
- Assist with annual planning and budgeting activities
- Create, edit and ensure accuracy of data for project presentations and reports; when appropriate, present data
- Contribute to the development and execution of cross-business initiatives and processes.
- Solve a range of straightforward problems through knowledge and technical experience in own discipline with a moderate level of guidance.
- Analyze information and possible solutions and makes independent judgments, decisions and recommendations.
- Understand how the team integrates with other teams to achieve overall objectives of the area and builds knowledge of the organization, processes, customers and key business drivers.
- Occasional coordination and technical steering of a small team within projects
Who are you:
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Business discipline with 3+ years of experience, or Master’s degree required
- 3+ year’s experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry
- Project management courses
- 3+ year’s experience with MS Office
- 3+ year’s experience in a Research and Development environment preferred
- PMP certification preferred
- Prior experience working in a global, matrixed environment with exposure to global and/or cross-functional project teams
- Ability to impact team effectiveness through quality of own work and the work of others in the team
- Ability to work independently within guidelines and policies
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally on occasion as required
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.