A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The purpose of this position is to Initiate and expedite the transfer of inventory from and to related parties.
First Shift: Monday – Friday, 7:00 am – 3:30 pm
- Ensure that all materials, equipment and tools are available for production and maintenance of site processes.
- Maintain consistent quality to our customers.
- Coordinate with other departments the procurement of tools, materials and equipment.
- Solicit price and delivery information from vendors, enters into computer files and communicates to appropriate departments.
- Manage purchasing of routine commodity products and services from specified vendors.
- Communicate to manager and buyer when an affiliate has identified a product that no longer has a supplier.
- Create reports, review purchase orders, and obtains appropriate management approval.
- Maintain Department Databases and purchasing vendor history files.
- Places orders with vendors, enter into Millipore Sigma systems.
- Arranges for disposition of rejected and surplus stock.
- Miscellaneous duties and tasks as assigned
- Shows dignity and respect while performing duties
- Identifies unsafe work conditions and reports them
- Regularly uses phones, computers, computer monitors and all office/laboratory equipment.
- Ability to speak, hear and smell.
Who You Are:
- High School Degree or GED Equivalent
- 1+ year of general office experience, related to inventory, purchasing or material management in a production or packaging environment.
- Strong communication skills
- Basic math, English grammar, reading comprehension
- Strong MS Office/PC Skills
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Express ideas for process improvement
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.