A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Bring technology capabilities and tools into new R&D platform and enhance user experience for scientists and researchers to support our group.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Supervise and participate in developing state-of-art R&D, Bio/Chemo-informatics applications, tools, analyses, and work flows to grow R&D and bioinformatics capabilities and infrastructure. Work on major development projects including direct customer interfaces, and mentor other colleagues in the group.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develop the next generation client facing website and mobile architecture using JAVA EE 7 framework.
- Defines infrastructure for design and integration of internet computing systems by analyzing information requirements; determining platform architecture, technology, and tools; studying business operations and user-interface requirements.
- Identifying opportunities for building SOA solutions, providing the long-term technology strategy, leading detailed technical architects during conceptual architecture design.
- Provide software connection solution with SAP and LIMS or third party software.
- Knowledge of web and mobile application architecture patterns, concepts, distributed environments, and sql/nosql database technologies.
- Degree in computer science, B.S. required.
- Minimum 8-10 years as a website application development architect working within large web and / or mobile application architectures
- 5+ years’ hands-on supervision experience in Java development
- Good experience working with virtual teams
- Good experience working in agile like SDLC
- Good experience creating new software or functionalities
- Good knowledge in scientific process and data analysis
- Good knowledge in NoSQL
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of various website application designs and programming techniques.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate ideas clearly and efficiently across technical and non-technical audiences, displays active listening skills, and communicates effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and develop innovative solutions to meet project expectations without compromising good design
- Ability to create conceptual and high-level architecture diagrams
- Strong client management skills and competencies, attention to detail and the ability to be proactive, prudent and confident in time critical pressure situations.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com