A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
The Translational and Biomarker Research group in oncology is offering a postdoctoral researcher position focusing on application of state-of-the art bioinformatics, computational biology and/or biostatistics analyses for translational research projects to support cancer research across the whole Translational Innovation Platform Oncology portfolio. The post holders will work with multidisciplinary teams in the early research, translational and clinical phase. The post holders will be expected to implement and perform the relevant analyses, interpret them in the context of the project present the results to project teams as well as internal collaborators. The post holder will be expected to demonstrate proactivity, take initiative and identify and use the most appropriate state-of-the-art computational tools to answer the specific scientific questions.
- PhD in bioinformatics or computational biology, molecular biology or pharmacology
- Domain expertise in genomics, proteomics or metabolomics data analysis and data interpretation
- Solid knowledge of biological databases, bioinformatics applications and packages
- Solid background in cancer biology, especially DNA Damage Response and signal transduction pathways
- Highly motivated, research-oriented with a problem-solving mindset; strong team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills, fluent in English
What we offer: We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com