A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
We are searching for a dynamic, innovative, results driven individual to join our Mid-Atlantic Research Academic Sales Team with a focus on academic research. This talented individual will be a field-based account manager responsible for the maintenance and growth of the National Institutes of Health. This Open Position is an external Field Based- Academic/Government/Hospital Account Manager for the National Institute of Health in Bethesda.
- Generate and qualify sales leads
- Close profitable business by meeting or exceeding sales goals and objectives
- Build, grow, and manage Key accounts in assigned territory.
- Champion and drive customer awareness of MilliporeSigma and its Best-in- Class/Innovative technologies and products.
- Create and maintain relationships with customers to promote penetration, retention, and loyalty.
- Devise and implement successful account and territory strategies that support increased sales and the strategic goals of Academic Research Business Unit.
- Partner with internal teams (marketing, inside sales, etc.) from the Academic Research Business Unit to identify, develop and close opportunities.
- Work with purchasing departments to understand procurement processes and develop strategies.
- Submit and update business plans.
- Log/track/update opportunities and leads in Salesforce.com required.
- Own and manage any account-wide contract and/or pricing agreements
- Manage stockrooms and/or storerooms to ensure optimal product mixes and year over year sales growth
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, or closely related science is a must.
- 3+ years field sales experience
- 1 year of government or NIH account experience
- Completion of graduate level courses in Science/Business is desirable
- Experience in sales and/or territory management
- Experience in reagent and/or technology platform sales is a strong plus
- Proven ability to identify, drive and close sales employing a Technical and Tactical Consultative approach
- Nuances in Account Management including knowledge of Purchasing Departments, ability to maintain and grow top labs in key accounts, and have working knowledge of Genomics, and/or Proteomics and/or Cell-based Assay
- Experience (either practical or sales) in any of these areas is a strong plus
- Ability to independently manage time and priorities
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to influence/educate others in order to gain acceptance/approval of innovative concepts/products is a requisite.
- Ability to develop, implement, manage and track strategic and tactical plans both independently and with a team.
- Demonstrate organizational, prioritization and planning skills required for successful account management, territory management, and project management.
- Proven ability to work and succeed under minimal supervision
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.