A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your role: You are in a team that secures the value generation of our company’s transformation projects. Typical examples of such projects are large-scale post-merger integrations, divestures and internal reorganizations. As Senior Manager Finance Transformation Projects, you are the finance workstream lead in group-wide strategic projects and transformations. You consult the global transformation program head and interact with Group Controlling and Business Sector Controlling, Finance Operations and other Merck Group Functions, Business Sector and Business Unit Heads. You develop and evaluate business cases, set financial targets to our functions and businesses and monitor the implementation of saving and growth initiatives, secure approval of transformation costs, and assess the projects’ value generation until and after completion. You apply a structured and efficient approach by implementing a comprehensive monitoring concept of performance indicators. You provide neutral judgement to top management and you lever organizational learnings. In addition, you provide guidance on methods, processes, and tools to business management and controlling.
Who you are:
- University degree in Business Administration or comparable education
- Some years of work experience in a global environment with a background in Corporate or Business Controlling, Strategy Consulting, or Transaction Advisory
- Operational experience relating to transactions, transformations, or business integrations is a substantial advantage
- Knowledge in investment valuation and financial modeling is a plus
- Affinity and excitement for the businesses of Merck – Healthcare, Life Science, Performance Materials
- Management skills to coordinate and drive global, cross-departmental projects and work as finance sparring partner for executives
- Determination, analytical, and communicative capabilities to change worldwide processes and systems
- Attitude towards work characterized by drive, passion, customer focus, and openness
What we offer: We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com