A career with EMD Performance Materials is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
At EMD Performance Materials the Cleanroom Maintenance Technician will utilize their skills in the diagnosis and repair of malfunctioning semiconductor tools. He/she will support daily maintenance of tools, calibrations, trouble shooting, and repairing of tools in a cleanroom using a variety of meters, probes and tool boxes.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics, Electrical Engineering or related discipline or Associate’s degree in Electronics, Electrical Engineering or related discipline and 1+ year experience in cleanroom tools repairs or High School Diploma/equivalent with 5+ years’ experience in cleanroom tools repairs.
- Associate’s Degree in Electronics and 3+ years of experience working in a Semiconductor industry preferred.
- Current Boilers License to support the FAB users or willingness to obtain after start (EMD PM will provide the training)
- 3+ years of experience with circuits and electrical test equipment.
- 3+ years of experience working in a semiconductor industry.
- General working knowledge of semiconductor equipment such as, steppers, microscopes, film thickness measurement tools, instruments using QIA to track data are preferred
- Proven math skills
- Computer skills (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of SPC is desirable
- Ability to work under minimum supervision and follow the instructions and tasks required by the Supervisor.
- Ability to work with chemicals and follow all safety procedures.
- Proficiency with circuits and electrical test equipment.
- Ability to work weekends and overtime, if needed.
- Training or certification of ARC/FLASH 70E procedures, being able to work on live electrical equipment and having Facilities experience is also desirable.
- Ability to travel one or twice a year for offsite training certifications of FAB tools.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.