A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
We have an opening for an Associate Scientist to join the Immuno-Oncology platform at EMD Serono, Billerica, MA. The successful candidate will support the discovery of novel cancer immunotherapies. In this role, the candidate is expected to develop and conduct cellular immune assays to characterize small molecules or biologics that modulate the tumor immune environment and enhance the anti-tumor immune response. The Associate Scientist will also develop, evaluate and implement well-controlled in vitro experiments to interrogate target biology, and generate proof of concept data supporting target Go/No Go decisions.
- Independently plan and design experiments
- Establish and optimize biochemical and cellular immune assays
- Effectively record and report scientific results
- Interpret study observations with strong attention to details
- Actively interact and closely work with team members
- Participate in an interactive, dynamic, team-oriented culture
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Immunology, Molecular Biology or other Scientific discipline with 1+ year of experience in academia or pharmaceutical research environment
- 1+ year of hands on experience with isolation of human/mouse primary immune cells
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Immunology, Molecular Biology or other Scientific discipline with 4+ years of relevant laboratory experience in an academic or industrial setting, or Master’s degree in Biology, Immunology, Molecular Biology or other Scientific discipline with at least 2 years of relevant laboratory experience in an academic or industrial setting.
- Applicants with prior experience in immunology/oncology are preferred.
- Experience with bioanalytical techniques such as ELISA, MSD, cytometric bead array, multi colored flow cytometry, ELISpot and cell-based assay development is preferred
- In-depth knowledge of setting up in vitro studies to interrogate target biology using immune cells (primary, cell lines) of human and mouse origin
- Experience with quality systems and electronic lab notebooks is desirable
- Familiarity with data analysis tools such as FlowJo, FACSDiva, GraphPad Prism is desirable
- Ability to multitask with effective written and verbal communication skills
- Effective presentation skills
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.