A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your role: Vision, Implementation & Leadership are the key words of this strategic opening in the Netherlands. Having great regional exposure, you will be part of the mid-Europe extended Leadership teams. As Managing Director Netherlands you represent the company among internal and external stakeholders. You will develop a country level strategy in collaboration with all business leaders across divisions, as well as provide the country aspects for the overall strategy development. With recent and upcoming launches, the General Manager Healthcare Netherlands will lead local activities and gather teams and functions around a shared vision for the years to come. You will actively share strategies, best practices and pilots of change processes with the NorNe Leadership team. Setting the agenda for transformation in the country, you will build capabilities for the future - both country-needs and cluster-complementarity. In this role, you represent Biopharma internally & externally in the country. In alignment with Biopharma’s global and regional strategy, you will develop the country strategy, adapting and tailoring it to local specificities and needs. You will contribute to country Medical & Regulatory strategies as well as to global functional strategies. Having full P&L responsibility in year-on-year operations and in the implementation of local changes, you will also focus on corporate governance. In this role you will manage relationships with key opinion leaders and key business stakeholders and lead discussions with local market access stakeholders. You will shape and lead a multicultural cross-functional Country Leadership Team. You will also support Business Development activities led by the Global BD group, by helping with the evaluation of ideas and participation to some due diligences.
Who you are:
- You have an advanced degree in a scientific or business related subject
- You gained 8+ years pharmaceutical industry experience including at least 5 years in Sales & Marketing roles and at least 3 years’ management experience
- You are fluent in English. Fluency in Dutch is an asset
- Your strategic thinking and communication skills allow you to inspire others by developing and efficiently sharing your vision for the business
- You possess strong leadership skills with the ability to enthuse and motivate others
- You are a strong communicator and builder of relationships with colleagues and customers
- You are an effective collaborator across local functions and with international colleagues
- You are able to adopt the hands-on approach required in a flat structure
- You are motivated by the challenge of overcoming market challenges and occasional setbacks
- You present the potential to develop into a bigger, multi-country role within two years
What we offer: We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at