A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
MilliporeSigma is seeking an Academic Associate Sales Rep to support the growth strategy of the division. The Academic Associate Sales Rep for this position is responsible for selling all of MilliporeSigma's Life Science products to include SigmaAldrich Chemicals and Millipore filtration products at all academic accounts in Ohio, including Ohio State University.
This position sells approximately 400,000 products to researchers in the academic market. The Associate Sales Rep works with the direction of the Sr. Account Manager to maintain and grow the assigned academic account.
The Associate Sales Rep is an entry level Sales position designed to learn on the job with guidance from the Sr. Account Sales Rep and Regional Sales Director. The ideal candidate has a degree in one of the Life Sciences, is results oriented, passionate about what they do, works with a sense of urgency, stays focused, and works well on a team. The Associate Sales Rep will primarily be selling at Ohio State University and other local accounts.
- Cold calling and hall walking at the account.
- Attends and schedules vendor shows.
- Independent worker who can take direction
- Travels to accounts as required to meet the sales objectives.
- Consistently achieve sales targets established by the Regional Sales Director.
- Submission of pipeline updates on a weekly and timely basis.
- Efficiently manage territory through planned workdays and interaction with end users.
- Maintain a high level of technical and application competence and utilize this knowledge in a manner which will enable him/her to add value to our products and services, to promote and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Maintain effective and professional communication in the field and with internal contacts in the company.
- Manage the overall distribution relationship within your territory to include - but not limited to - account POA’s (Plan of Action), business reviews, and training.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences such as Biology, Chemistry or related field of study.
- 6+ months of experience in a research lab environment or general sales experience.
- Masters or PhD degree in Life Science a plus.
- Sound judgment and problem-solving competency in handling distribution, product issues, sales issues and customer issues.
- Demonstration of good presentation skills as related to distributor training, strategy meeting and POAs (plan of action).
- Good time management skills in implementing and executing successful plans of action that balance your sales activities with customer needs, distribution needs, purchasing agent needs, account development, interdivisional activities as we as Area/Divisional needs.
- Microsoft Office software, Sales Force or other CRM in a business environment a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrixed organization inspiring teamwork to achieve results.
- Sales competency which includes selling skills, relationship building, call planning, territory development, follow-up and closing skills.
- Experience working in a Life Science laboratory at an academic account is a plus.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Relevant business acumen to the Life Science market.
- Technical competency demonstrated in product knowledge, product application and product positioning for Cell Biology Molecular Bio and Protein Research.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.