A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
In co-ordination the colleagues across you ensure the stability and integrity of voice, data, video, and wireless network services.
This position is an important part of the foundational layer of the infrastructure organization and require an effectively Communication and Collaboration with other members of the network team.
You act as an integral part of the global the network team providing support and services in Japan and handle support and escalation activities brought to the network group via support tickets, automated monitoring, user reporting. The position will include planning, designing and developing of Local Area, Wireless, Production, Laboratory or Data Center Networks across the organization.
Your way of working provides a positive and professional user experience at all times when engaging both internal and external users, thinking globally and work across departments and geographies, encouraging teamwork that respects diverse backgrounds and cultural differences to drive results is part of your personality. Be part of a performance driven, risk taking culture that promotes open and honest feedback.
- 3-8 years experiences in the IT field with an understanding of IT Infrastructure and computer networks
- Experience in Network Virtualization like SD-WAN, ACI, DNA and knowledge of various networking protocols and technologies such as HTTP – HTTPS – DNS – VPN (IPSec/SSL) - TCP/IP stack – FTP – TFTP – SMTP - IEEE Standards – QoS – VoIP (H.323, SIP) OSPF, MPLS, ACL's, eBGP / iBGP, 802.1D/W
- Experience on different network equipment: PaloAlto, Infoblox, Cisco, Aruba.
- Bachelor’s degree and Network Related Certifications preferred
- Hands on and results-driven candidate with a willingness to learn who is seeking a deeper knowledge and understanding of computer networking
- The ability to thrive in a fast paced and growing environment, while using sound judgment to resolve complex issues and challenges
- Natural team player, with the ability to understand business needs and interact cross-functionally
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving skills
- Comfortable initiating change, ability to handle the stress related to balancing multiple issues and perspectives
- Strong communicator
- Good English skill
- Business level Japanese is required to communicate Japanese site users
- Japanese driver license is required in order to solve critical incident on timely manner.
Recruiting contact: Fang Liu
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com