A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
We have an opening for a talented Associate Scientist to join the ImmunoOncology platform at EMD Serono, Billerica, MA. The successful candidate will support the discovery of novel cancer immunotherapies. In his/her role, the candidate is expected to develop and conduct cellular immune assays to characterize small molecules or biologics that modulate the tumor immune environment and enhance the anti-tumor immune response
- Independently plan and design experiments
- Establish and optimize biochemical and cellular immune assays
- Effectively record and report scientific results
- Interpret study observations with a strong attention to detail
- Execute, troubleshoot, and optimize standard protocols, and survey scientific literature to inform the development of additional assays as needed
- Participate in, and present at, research group and project team meetings
- Prepare and order necessary reagents, solutions, consumables and other laboratory supplies
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Immunology or other related Science discipline with 1+ years laboratory experience in an academic or industry setting
- 1+ year experience working with cell culture
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Immunology or related Science discipline with 3+ years of relevant laboratory experience in an academic or industrial setting or Master’s degree in Immunology or related Science discipline with at least 1 year of relevant laboratory experience in an academic or industrial setting strongly preferred
- Prior experience in immunology is preferred.
- Hands on experience with isolation human and murine primary cells and cell/tissues culture
- Hands on experience with flow cytometry and microplate-based assays (e.g. ELISA, Luminex, etc.)
- Understanding and working knowledge with isolation and manipulation of human blood cells, murine immune cells and setting up in vitro functional assays using these cells
- Ability to multitask with effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact and closely work with team members
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.