A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
As part of this digital business venture, you will have the opportunity to work in a face-paced, entrepreneurial environment to help develop our product strategy and bring this vision to life. You will help discover products that are valuable, desirable and usable for our customers. A Product Manager is the CEO of their product, maintaining a clear and consistent vision of the end goal, while aligning all those working on the product to that vision. As a Product Manager, you will work at the intersection of UX, technology and business. Must be experienced in at least one, passionate about all three and be able to communicate with experts in all.
Who You Are:
- Establish a Product vision:
- Maintain a deep understanding of customer needs, personas, and journeys
- Partner closely with marketing, UX and engineering to develop a product vision and prioritize a roadmap based on customers’ needs, the company’s overall strategic objectives and product KPIs.
- Develop business models to optimize the creation and capture of value
- Evangelize the digital roadmap with cross-functional stakeholders
- Conduct Research:
- Leverage internal and industry data to identify opportunities and define success
- Drive the customer-centric research process for defining the product feature set and user experience
- Problem solve:
- Recommend solutions to solve customer pain-points and meet evolving business needs
- Identify, isolate and resolve customer-impacting issues in a timely fashion to negate or minimize customer impact
- Develop user stories:
- Drive the entire lifecycle of user stories from: defining goals and acceptance criteria, wireframes and prototypes to testing, launching, measuring, and optimizing
- Work with technology, business stakeholders, QA and project managers to shepherd the execution of user stories
- Develop portfolio management:
- Identify and/or create tools and workflows for maintaining an inventory of existing products and product ideas
- Establish processes for managing the product lifecycle at an organization level, from upstream ideas through to commercial launch, with an eye to supporting products that tie to strategic goals
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, user experience design, business, marketing, or science related field with 8 years of professional experience or Master’s degree with 4 years of relevant professional experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of demonstrated success in a product or product-related role
- Experience in user-centric product development and design
- Experience with Lean or Agile methodologies a plus
- Good presentation skills
- Background or experience in biology/chemistry/bioinformatics/health care
- Experience with clinical data and/or clinical workflows a plus
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.