A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Material Management provides warehouse and transportation support from product receipt to material flow throughout the Supply Chain network. Our goal is to deliver World Class services that result in optimum and efficient material handling processes to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction. Under the direction of the Warehouse Supervisor, become developed, oversee and participate in daily Materials Management Supply Chain operations. Serve as a lead over one or more assigned warehouse functions; train and provide leadership work direction and guidance to assigned staff.
- Serve as a lead over an assigned warehouse function; train and provide lead work direction and guidance to assigned staff; prioritize work assignments; participate in the pre-hiring and screening of new applicants as assigned.
- Operate a variety of warehouse equipment including forklifts, pallet jacks, and reach trucks; operate inventory management programs at an advance level; and assigned software to input data and generate reports.
- Oversee and participate in the shipping, receiving, storing and issuing of supplies, equipment and chemicals; assure delivery in a timely manner.
- Prepare, maintain and submit a variety of inventory records and reports related to warehouse operations.
- Maintain warehouse operations in a clean, orderly, safe and secure condition that meets cGMP standards; Represent the warehouse operation by interacting with internal and external customers and auditors.
- Make recommendations regarding proper storage, inventory management and warehousing procedures and improvements to improve warehouse efficiency.
- Serve as the Warehouse Supervisor in the absence of the Warehouse Supervisor as assigned.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Occasional 50 lbs. lifting requirement
Who You Are:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Bachelor’s degree desired
- Good leadership skills and organizational skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft applications (Work, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong math skills including unit of measure conversion is required
- Must be able to travel between warehouse operations
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.