A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Life Science Head of Communications of Americas is a team-leading position with two direct reports and will report to the global head of regional & country communications for Life Science. The team will represent Life Science in the Americas region (North America and Latin America) from a communications standpoint and will also lead group-wide North America communications in partnership with all North America communicators. In this role main responsibilities include internal communications, external communications, business communications counselling, North America corporate communications as communications for two strategic Life Science hubs, Burlington, MA and St. Louis MO. Internal communications will consist of developing and executing the internal communication plan for Life Science in the Americas region, ensuring the production of content for internal audiences to drive employee understanding of the business, strategy and engagement. Through external communications you will create with your team, in partnership with the external communications team, an external communications plan that supports the Life Science Story contributing to our reputation in the Americas region, as well as lead, plan, manage and execute relevant business and public relations activities in partnership with external communications and business stakeholders. You will be the crisis communication point of contact for Life Science related topics in the Americas region and partner with external communications and Operations Communications on managing crisis issues. You will also provide Heads of Research, Applied and Process Solutions regional Sales in Americas with Senior level communications counsel and strategic advice, as well as assist US country council with production of a plan and communication tactics for internal and external communication activities.
Who you are:
- Bachelors degree, Masters preferred, Public Relations, Journalism, International Relations, Literature, Business Administration or related.
- +10 years progressive experience in communication functions with multinational companies and experience in working with Senior Executives; experience on Life Science or pharma Businesses is mandatory.
- Excellent writing skills and excellent oral and written English, a second language is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to properly interact with people in different level positions. Resilient, proactive, creative, results and teamwork oriented.
- Rounded senior communicator with exceptional business partnering and stakeholder management abilities, at ease advising and delivering in role. Able to build and manage excellent media relations, deliver on-message coverage in top tier global titles, and manage complex issues (external and internal).
- Behavioral flexibility and experience of working internationally across multiple and varied cultures; ability to operate in a matrix.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.