A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
You will play a leading role in shaping the next generation of user experiences across our Life Science business. As a UX Researcher you will be responsible for conducting primary research, analyzing customer behavior and turning the output of that work into design recommendations and solutions. Your research will help us create compelling user experiences for new initiatives as well as driving constant improvement on our existing products.
- Responsibilities include leading user research activities, analyzing user behavior, providing design recommendations and delivering design solutions such as wireframes, high and low fidelity prototypes and other deliverables as required.
- Conduct user experience research and use collected information to translate ideas into engaging, accessible, and highly usable designs.
- Analyze existing applications and web content, and develop specifications (e.g., prototypes, storyboards, or text) for how to redesign them to improve the usability / user experience.
- Propose pragmatic solutions that are consistent with industry best practices and user expectations, while balancing technical, data and schedule constraints.
- Collaborate with designers, functional analysts, developers and outside consultants as need to ensure that proposed solutions adhere to the design, technical and business goals of the organization.
- Extensive knowledge of various web development technologies, trends in technology and design patterns including mobile/responsive design is required.
- Demonstrate leadership and communication skills by presenting design solutions, facilitating ideation and planning sessions and collaborating on complex concepts.
- Work co-located with other designers and partners / associates. (Not remote.)
- Travel up to 20% time
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline -OR- 4+ years of user experience research experience conducting usability studies, contextual inquiries, surveys and analyzing customer feedback
- 2+ years of experience integrating user research and analysis into product design recommendations
- Master’s Degree in human behavior related field (HCI, Psychology, Information Science, etc.)
- Expert with Adobe products (Illustrator, Photoshop).
- Expert with Axure and Sketch.
- Life Science or similar industry experience
- Fluency in additional languages is a plus
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.