A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Who we are:
EMD Serono, the North American biopharma brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, is a top US specialty pharmaceutical company continuing to build a leading US oncology organization to support our current PDL-1 immuno-oncology therapy and to prepare for future indications.
The Director, Global Marketing, Bavencio will be an integral member of the global commercial team to set strategy and go-to-market approach for 1L gastric and 1L lung future indications for the brand. In this role, the director will take ownership of developing commercial strategy within the selected indications. Working closely with regional and country marketing teams and other stakeholders (Global Medical Affairs, Clinical, Development, Global Leadership teams, Global Regulatory Affairs, Global Market Access and Pricing, Government Affairs, Supply Chain, Controlling, Legal), the director will ensure alignment on the translation of strategy into effective promotional programs and tools. Working closely with the company’s alliance partner, Pfizer, to ensure alignment through to commercialization the director will drive the Company’s vision for the Bavencio franchise and will execute against launches to meet the broader corporate objectives all the while living the values that comprise the company’s culture.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
As a key contributor to the Bavencio global team, the main task/core activities of the role are listed below:
- Lead the brand’s launch readiness efforts for a specific indication (1L lung, 1L gastric), including the cross-functional indication launch teams
- Lead the development of the core strategic elements supporting each indication, including:
- Differentiation platform
- Competitive landscape, including monitoring of and response to market shaping events
- Scenario planning
- Patient journey and treatment landscape mapping
- Forecast by indication, including topline and investment planning
- Engage with core stakeholders to ensure alignment across the cross-functional teams
- Communicate and align with senior regional and GBF leadership
- Insights gathering and management of external stakeholders (Key Opinion Leaders, Customers, Advocacy Groups) as appropriate
Who You Are:
- BA/BS or equivalent; MBA preferred but not required
- Minimum 5-10 years oncology Marketing experience required
- Demonstrated Marketing experience (Oncology or otherwise) in 2 of the following 3: Local, Regional or Global level
- 10 + years of relevant pharmaceutical marketing experience
- Experience in Oncology, preferably in solid tumors
- International experience
- Leadership Experience
- Previous global launch and/or regional launch experience required
- Successful design and implementation of strategies with an ability to define a clear path in a complex environment, utilizing strong analytical skills to navigate through complex challenges, overcoming areas of ambiguity and deliver well thought out business solutions to seize opportunities for business growth
- Ability to translate concepts and methodologies to multiple countries
- Knowledge and application of business planning and leadership principles, such as data analysis, goal setting, action plans, monitoring tools, directive and supportive techniques to develop and implement action plans
- Exceptional business acumen, with deep customer insights and grasp of complex analytics required including market planning and business intelligence with a deep understanding of pharmaceutical market dynamics
- Meets challenges consistently and confidently with energy and drive; Motivated by results, urgency and personal commitment
- Possesses high integrity and exceptional work ethic; Fosters mutual trust and respect, and is an excellent team player
- Able to work effectively in a highly complex matrix environment, with a proven ability to influence without formal authority and achieve results through people
- Applies effective communication techniques, engages in focused dialogue, and demonstrates good listening skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Outstanding oral, written and communication skills with the ability to present to small and large groups and deal with unexpected questions and challenges while presenting
- Excellent and proven project management skills and proficiency with MS Excel and Powerpoint
- Travel (international and domestic) could be up to 25%
- No relocation assistance available
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.