A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
The Senior Medical Director N&I, Global Medical Affairs, is responsible for working closely with Global Medical Affairs Neurology & Immunology leadership to build, monitor, track, manage, and assist with the implementation of the global strategic initiatives to support existing brands and new launches in the Therapeutic Area Neurology and Immunology. The successful candidate will work closely with the Medical Directors, Neurology and Immunology, and cross-functionally with Medical Excellence, Medical Information, Regulatory, Legal and Finance to develop, deliver and align global strategic plans and tactics for Neurology and Immunology. This role is responsible for defining the medical plans and tactics for plan execution. Responsibilities also include HCP and payer interactions to systematically define and subsequently address the unmet medical needs of our providers and patients. This role requires close collaboration and alignment of goals and objectives within Medical Affairs and with strategic partners.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with the Global VP Medical Affairs Neurology & Immunology to set direction, implement strategy and ensure delivery of outcomes of the Medical Affairs Therapeutic Area
- Integrate global strategies, tactics and programs to help accomplish Medical Affairs objectives in a highly dynamic environment
- Define and facilitate cross-functionally phase IV trials that address unmet medical needs and ensure coordination with US plans
- Implement global general criteria for the evaluation of Investigator Sponsored Trials
- Provide status updates about Medical Affairs programs
- Provide close collaboration and alignment of goals and objectives with strategic partners
- Coach, manage and provide individual job enrichment developmental opportunities to Medical teams as required.
Who You Are:
- MD (strongly preferred), Ph.D., or PharmD.
- Minimum of 8 years of managerial responsibilities in the pharmaceutical/healthcare industry with demonstration of successful results
- Prior experience of at least 5 years in Medical Affairs with Neurology or Immunology experience preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of the clinical development and post-marketing environment for pharmaceuticals including post-marketing clinical studies and medical affairs strategic initiatives
- Excellent management, teamwork, communication and presentation skills and solid experience in developing strategic plans and oversight processes
- Demonstrated ability to work with teams, manage a diverse work group, motivate them, and maximize productivity
- Creation and oversight of cross-functional and multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience in developing and leading teams in changing competitive environment, changing product technology, and changing needs
- Experience in working in an environment, which integrates all business unit functions
- Demonstrated excellence & credibility with internal and external customers
- Creation of solid plans and reports for which performance and progress can be measured and evaluated • Knowledge and application of business planning & leadership principles, such as goal setting, action plans, monitoring tools, directive and supportive techniques to develop and implement action plans
- Possess strong budget experience and knowledge
- Able to travel 40%
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com