A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
As a key member of the FP&A team, you will lead the quarterly planning activities within Life Science, including previews and forecasts. The role also requires substantial ad hoc analysis and special project support. Ability to work across departments within the company including exchange with senior Controlling management will be a priority. Position responsibilities are outlined below:
- Steer the quarterly preview and forecasting process for the Life Science Sector.
- Lead and coordinate with key stakeholders all relevant planning activities, including development of calendar and timelines, data collection / consolidation, and interpretation of results.
- Implement, maintain and develop the planning tools, standards, and procedures to be followed by Life Science controllers globally.
- Prepare the reviews with Life Science Controlling Executive Committee (LSCEC).
- Provide analysis and insights on key drivers of performance – with a focus on P&L, Net Working Capital and Cash Flow. Challenge assumptions used by the business.
- Liaise with Group Controlling on key planning topics and ensure timely and quality submission of Life Science financials at group level.
- Prepare presentations for Quarterly Review Meetings (QRM) with Group CFO and Business Analysis Meetings (BAM) with GL (Executive Board of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany).
- Provide detailed insights into revenue dynamic and spending across various business units, including commentary comparing actuals versus prior year, operating plan, and prior forecast.
- Support with annual operating planning process and strategy development.
- Develop simulation models to estimate future currency impact.
- Ad hoc reporting and projects as required.
Who you are:
- BS in Accounting / Finance (or equivalent) required. CPA, MBA, or CFA preferred.
- Strong written, oral and presentation business communication in English.
- Minimum of 7 years of controlling, financial planning and analysis, or general accounting / finance experience. Work experience in the Life Science or Healthcare sector a plus.
- Strong business analysis and problem-solving abilities. Financial planning and reporting skills that generate business insights and add measurable value. Knowledge of current trends in finance and functional best-practices.
- Proficient at financial modeling, including Balance Sheet, P&L, Cash Flow, DCF, NPV, IRR, and sensitivity analysis.
- Good at workload prioritization, efficiency improvements, and resource management.
- Proven project management skills and ability to implement change in a global matrix organization.
- Strategic mindset.
- Attention to detail and focus on quality.
- Exceptional Excel (advanced user) and Power Point Skills. Experience working with VBA / macros a plus.
- Knowledge of ERP systems (Oracle & SAP, familiarity with TM1, Hyperion, Business Objects).
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.