A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Upstream Sales Development Specialist will partner with field-based account managers to develop technical and commercial strategies to position integrated company solutions to existing and new customers.
Upstream Sales Development Specialists support the sales of cell culture media and other chemicals that are utilized in the biotechnology process; through a consultative selling approach. They will leverage their technical and industry expertise to work with Biopharma customers to assess upstream solutions from MilliporeSigma’s extensive product portfolio within a region and/or territory.
The Sales Development Specialists contribute to the sales cycle by coordinating requirements, developing contracts, integrating contract requirements and business operations. They are also expected to utilize their technical expertise to provide the sales force with the necessary tools, information and support to identify new opportunities. This role should be able to evaluate a customer’s process to identify solutions that address customer upstream and chemical challenges. All Sales Development Specialists are expected to utilize the available tools and resources to track and report sales activity and share account and process knowledge.
The position is supporting West/Midwest United States and parts of Canada. 50% travel is required to these locations. Candidate must live within an hour of an airport.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant natural science field (Chemistry, Biology, Biotech, Engineering etc.).
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience:
- In a sales/technical supprt role within a Life Sciences company
- And/r as a Chemist, Engineer, or Biologist in biotech or related field
- Proven experience and successful track record in sales development
- Is action oriented with a high-level drive for results and perseverance acting in professional and positive manner at all times
- Is strongly goal oriented and self-motivated, capable of working with minimum direction
- Preference will be given to candidates with cell culture and media experience as well as post graduate degree in business or science.
- Fluent in English. Knowledge of Spanish is a plus.
- Experience in upstream technology (either on the Pharma side or on the supplier side)
- Experience with viral and gene therapy is preferred.
- The preferred candidate will be located in the West/Midwest region of the US
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.