A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
We are looking for an individual to join our Maintenance team with the background in Biopharmaceutical Operations.
Direct, plan, schedule and report all activities as it relates to maintenance repairs and supervising your direct reports. This includes all demand, preventive, predictive and calibration activities. Participate in the design and installation of instrumentation and control systems. Collaborate with building stakeholders throughout the automation lifecycle: compile control system change requirements; complete design, implementation, and testing of changes; document changes; maintain and monitor the system.
- Provide engineering and technical support for process control systems in the Biopharmaceutical Operations facility.
- Evaluate and develop technology, plan and implement modifications and upgrades to control systems, and provide technical support.
- Lead a team of Calibration Techs.
- Travel- Occasional travel required
- Must be able to walk, stand, reach above the shoulders, use a cellular phone, use feet to operate equipment, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk, hear, use hands to operate tools and equipment.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted and additional weight with assistance.
- Vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee may be required to wear a hard hat, safety shoes, eye protection, hearing protection, a safety harness, protective clothing and gloves, respirator and face shield.
- Must have valid drivers license and requires operation of company vehicles.
- Must be able to work at varying heights.
Who You Are:
- Trade School with relevancy to instrumentation field -OR- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years Automation/Controls system experience
- 3+ years of troubleshooting in Instrumentation background
- 1+ years of prior experience as a Supervisor or Lead
- Ability to use the Management of Change Process effectively.
- Ability to use good documentation practices.
- Ability to direct contractors and other technicians in completing work.
- Ability to communicate using excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to use excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to generate and lead process improvements.
- Preferred Associates in Automation/Controls
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.