A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role will report to the facilities manager and will be a key team member of the facilities staff. Job will include all HVAC related tasks as indicated below as well as other duties and responsibilities as required.
- The HVAC Mechanic IV maintains, adjusts, repairs, tests all types of Air Handler/Roof Top Unit HVAC Systems, chillers, pumps, and all other mechanical equipment as required at the site. This includes all preventative and predicative maintenance as assigned by management.
- Responsible for maintenance of plant BioMass heating plant, includes direct knowledge of wood chip/propane boiler operation and maintenance. Also responsible for operation and maintenance of DCM scrubber system.
- Troubleshoot and understand all intricacies of system as well as it relates to the direct EHS impact of the system.
- This role will also act as dedicated on-call HVAC technician responsible for all off-shift emergency response. On-call requirements will be three-week rotation with other members of HVAC team.
- Utilize local Building Management System to remotely monitor and adjust setpoints and operational settings as required.
- Will also coordinate and work with contractors to maintain all other aspects of facility operation and perform other duties and responsibilities as required by local leadership.
- Position requires to regularly lift 50+ lbs.
Who You Are:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Completion of at least 60% of a recognized Certificate Program in HVAC -OR- 10+ years of work experience with HVAC Systems
- EPA 608 Technician Certification required
- 5+ years of experience desired
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.