A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Global Evidence & Value Development is an integral component of the Biopharma Global Research & Development organization that focuses on readiness for value assessment and patient access across the product lifecycle.
Across a portfolio of immunology, neurology, and oncology assets, the Scientific Director, Patient Centered Outcomes Research, will function as a primary global partner who advances patient-focused drug development across the continuum from discovery, translational, clinical, pre-market review, and post-marketing. Responsibilities include patient-centered outcome measurement strategy and clinical outcome assessment strategy, design, and execution.
As a subject matter expert, you will lead and advise, for strategic and technical impact while partnering across functions, regions, and hierarchies. You make appropriate application of policy insights, landscape surveillance, and novel methodologies. Your scientific leadership will be a key contribution to target product value profiles, integrated development plans, study protocols, statistical analysis plans, clinical study reports, briefing books, dossier development, and submissions.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years of experience, master’s degree with 5+ years of experience, or PhD degree with 3+ years of in socio-behavioral sciences (e.g., ethnography psychology, psychometrics) fields of public health, health economics and outcomes research, or related fields required
- Graduate degree with a minimum of 5 years practical experience strongly preferred
- A combined background with hands-on experience in academia, consulting, government agency, healthcare delivery systems, health insurance, patient advocacy, pharmaceutical industry, payer authority, payer research institutes, or regulatory/health authority is welcome.
- Competencies in advanced mixed methods research, concept identification approaches, cognitive interviews, focus groups, health preference research, health-related quality of life, interviews, literature reviews, patient engagement, patient reported outcomes, psychometrics, real-world evidence, social media analysis, surveys.
- Possesses in-depth understanding of health authority and health technology assessment (HTA) guidance documents pertaining to analysis, interpretation, and inclusion of patient-centric data in regulatory and HTA decisions.
- Strong leadership competencies. Cultural awareness, proactive thinking and interdependent, agile leadership style.
- Skills in communicating confidently in teams across functions, hierarchies, cultural boundaries and geographies. Ability to communicate in a precise, reliable, unambiguous and timely manner. Excellent matrix, inter-personal, and influencing skills.
- Strong publication record in patient-centered outcomes research.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.