A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Who we are:
EMD Serono is the North American biopharma brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany - a leading science and technology company - focused exclusively on specialty care. For more than 40 years, the brand has integrated cutting-edge science, innovative products and industry-leading patient support and access programs. EMD Serono has deep expertise in neurology, fertility and endocrinology, as well as a robust pipeline of potential therapies in oncology, immuno-oncology and immunology as R&D focus areas.
The Head of Office is a facilitative role that requires a willingness to play a coordinative role across all Global Business Development & Alliance Management, while directly supporting and reporting to the Head of GBDAM.
Coordination of GBDAM Leadership team meetings. Coordination of strategic & organizational projects/commitments that directly involve the Head of GBDAM or his direct reports. Understanding the major initiatives underway in BD, tracking progress against key milestones, development of KPI’s and updating the Head of GBDAM and the leadership team on status/progress. Lead the support of the GBDAM LT with external and internal communications. Foster teamwork, collaboration, sharing of information, resources and best practices, in partnership with HR.
Who you are:
- University Degree required, MBA preferred
- 5+ years in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry with experience in operational and strategic roles
- Excellent project management skills/experience
- Proven ability to influence without formal authority
- Solid understanding of change management and its practical implementation
- Fluency in English
- Outstanding relationship-building and partnering skills
- High level of emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills
- Proven intercultural skills enabling project leadership in a global setting
- Organized and detail orientated, with high attention to detail
- Enjoy thinking outside the box to solve business challenges
- Normal and routine office dutiesPosition requires domestic and international travel up to 30% of time
- Position requires domestic and international travel up to 30% of time
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.