A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
At MilliporeSigma, the R&D Formulation Scientist is responsible for the innovation and commercialization of new products to help expand the company’s business in Life Science.
- Use technical and scientific knowledge to strategically identify technologies, create new capabilities and develop formulation products applied in nano drug delivery and tissue engineering areas.
- Contribute in the areas of nanoparticle-based drug delivery systems and 3D bio-printing materials for academic, R&D and pre-clinical research market.
- Plan, coordinate and perform activities ranging from pre-formulation, formulation, process characterization, analytical test methods, technology transfer and scale-up.
- Work closely with Internal Materials R&D, Product Management, Manufacturing, QC and external collaborators on new product development.
- Summarize data and scientific findings in presentations and reports.
- Contribute to development of product specifications and be a key driver of IP and technology strategies for business
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology other related Science discipline with 3+ years’ experience in Pharmaceutical or Biotech industry or Master’s degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or other related Science discipline is minimum requirement.
- PhD in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or other related Science discipline with 2+ years’ experience in Pharmaceutical and Biotech industries are preferred.
- Expertise in formulation technologies with deep understanding of nanotechnology-based drug delivery and/or 3D bio-printing platforms.
- Proven track records of product development in nanoparticles-based formulations technologies.
- Demonstrated experience with record of patents and publications on nanoformulation; experience in lipid and/or polymer based nanoparticle formulations is highly desirable.
- Experience working in a Biosafety Level 2 lab with basic cell culture techniques, cell passaging, cell banking and carrying out assays to assess cell viability, transfection, biocompatibility and efficacy of formulations with different cell lines.
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and effectively
- Proactive, team player, fast learner and willing to go extra mile to meet goals.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.