A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
At MilliporeSigma the Planning & Scheduling Specialist reviews demand plans at a global and local level including adjusting forecast and safety stock parameters. He/she will also work with the sales group to incorporate customer demands into the planning systems and will develop operational schedules to meet customer service objectives and support sales growth plans at the lowest overall inventory costs. The specialist will also develop, test and execute models for scheduling operation and lead and/or assist process improvement initiatives. In addition, he/she will review long term plans to ensure capacity requirements are understood and met and will compile reports and metrics to ensure business has proper feedback loops on performance to objectives.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Mathematics, Supply Chain Management or related Business or Scientific discipline or
- Associate’s degree in Business, Mathematics, Supply Chain Management or related Business or Scientific discipline with 1+ year experience in supply chain, forecasting or planning scheduling or
- High School diploma or equivalent with 5+ years in supply chain, forecasting or planning scheduling
- Certification from APICs or IBF preferred
- 2+ years of experience in moving material through the product delivery cycle
- 2+ years of experience in supply chain, forecasting or planning/scheduling
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Access, Lotus Notes, etc.
- Data analysis experience
- Experience with ISO standards (in relation to preparing documents).
- Basic scheduling techniques and material requirements planning knowledge.
- Ability to work independently and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to communicate at different levels of the business.
- High sense of urgency.
- Extremely organized and detail oriented.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.