A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Field Marketing Specialist, Actives & Formulation – Process Solutions
The A&F Field Marketing team amplifies seeding and sales performance by driving key commercial programs and collaboration across A&F, advancing processes, tools and messaging to influence business outcomes.
Your Role: In this role, you lead engagements at formulation centers and Thought Leadership events to generate awareness, curiosity, and sustainable access to decision makers. You partner with Sales team members to execute Plans of Action, specifically technical seminar delivery at targeted formulation centers. You engage with formulators to understand the reasons why we win and lose new business and enable course corrections. You gather Voice of Customer information to provide guidance for new product development and fine tune value propositions for portfolio products. You drive key commercial programs including Product Adoption (seeding during early development stages), KMI Application Knowledge, and Go-To-Market initiatives. You manage event generated leads and opportunities, ensuring detail transfer to Sales team members. You provide key contributions and course corrections for product messaging, specifically benefits vs competitive offerings. Expected Results: You increase the Product Adoption win rate at targeted formulation centers. You increase sustainable access to influential formulation and regulatory contacts. You are accepted by Sales team members as a high-value partner for technical understanding of the portfolio, new product launch knowledge, and identification of new business. You are accepted by formulation teams as high-value consultant for the product portfolio, application and market trends. You improve the effectiveness of the learning/VoC cycle for application knowledge of key marketing initiative (core) products.
Who You Are:
- BS degree with 4 years professional experience
- 2+ years of formulation experience strongly preferred with an understanding of formulation development challenges and risk assessment
- Degree in Industrial Pharmacy, or Physical Pharmacy, or Pharmaceutical Sciences, or Pharm D. or technical equivalent strongly preferred
- Ability to translate formulation challenges into business opportunities.
- Active in industry associations and Thought Leadership activity such as poster presentations and speaking engagements.
- Maintains industry contacts in formulation and regulatory positions for continuous dialogue with decision makers and influencers
- Intrinsically driven professional with the ability to work independently
- Understanding of customer needs, industry trends, and market influences
- Demonstrates ability to clearly, concisely and effectively communicate with diverse audiences, both written and orally
- Ability to manage through influence in a globally-networked organization and be comfortable with changes of priorities
- In-depth knowledge of regulatory topics, IPEC, GMPs and industry standards
- Strong consensus-builder, capable of achieving desired outcome in critical conversations, and managing conflict resolution
- Demonstrated success in leading high-profile external and internal projects
- Language: English business fluent
- Willing to travel up to 20% domestic and 30% international
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.