A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Who we are:
EMD Serono is the North American biopharmaceutical division of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany a leading science and technology company in healthcare, life science and performance materials. Approximately 50,000 employees in 66 countries work to further develop technologies that improve and enhance life - from biopharmaceutical therapies to treat cancer or multiple sclerosis, cutting-edge systems for scientific research and production, to liquid crystals for smartphones and LCD televisions.
At EMD Serono, we strive to create value and benefit patients by transforming medical science into breakthrough solutions in our core therapeutic areas of neurodegenerative diseases, fertility and metabolic endocrinology, as well as oncology and autoimmune/inflammatory diseases as emerging areas of expertise.
The Senior Manager/Associate Director, Regional Medical Affairs Business Operations drives/supports regional strategic planning, execution (on time, on target, on budget), and communications for North America Medical Affairs (NAMA). This includes annual development and alignment of the long-range regional strategic plan, as well as alignment, submission, and management of a regional operating plan and budget. To support internal visibility and representation of NAMA, it also includes planning and execution support for aligned NAMA-related communications within NAMA and across North America and Global Medical Affairs. Communication vehicles include new-employee on-boarding materials, announcements, potential newsletters, EVA page content, company town halls, and NAMA-wide meetings. The Senior Manager/Associate Director will also support success of other assigned programs and special initiatives. The Senior Manager/Associate Director will also follow all company policies, processes, and procedures pertinent to this role.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree, with emphasis in science, required
- MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- MCPM or PMP preferred
- Clear oral and written English
- 2-5 years biotech/pharmaceutical industry experience—direct or through strategy consulting
- Experience in annual/long-range planning
- Understanding of drug development and lifecycle management, medical affairs operations, and regulatory/legal requirements across product lifecycle is ideal
- Experience working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- Adept at considering a broad range of factors to shape strategic plans and successful execution
- Meeting challenges consistently and confidently with energy and drive
- Experience with program management methods (action plans, monitoring tools, directive and supportive techniques)
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively across functions in a complex organization and fast-paced business environment
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Advanced software skills, particularly MS Excel and PowerPoint
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.