A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Who we are:
EMD Serono is the North American biopharmaceutical division of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany a leading science and technology company in healthcare, life science and performance materials. Approximately 50,000 employees in 66 countries work to further develop technologies that improve and enhance life - from biopharmaceutical therapies to treat cancer or multiple sclerosis, cutting-edge systems for scientific research and production, to liquid crystals for smartphones and LCD televisions.
At EMD Serono, we strive to create value and benefit patients by transforming medical science into breakthrough solutions in our core therapeutic areas of neurodegenerative diseases, fertility and metabolic endocrinology, as well as oncology and autoimmune/inflammatory diseases as emerging areas of expertise.
- Provide medical/scientific input and drive/contribute to the creation of relevant clinical documents or parts thereof to ensure high quality of e.g. study concept sheets, study protocols and reports, Investigator Brochures, submission/registration documents, publications, etc.
- Contribute and oversee clinical trial activity supporting a specific indication area with in the Oncology / Immuno-Oncology programs. Develop and prepare clinical development plans, study concept sheets, and study protocols in collaboration with clinical and project team members for assigned indication(s)/products
- Review and sign off all clinical documents related to the clinical studies (e.g. study protocols and study reports) within area of responsibility
- Oversees all medical scientific aspects of the trial and provides respective guidance to the trial team
- Oversee all aspects related to the scientific and medical risks in collaboration with the safety representative
- Lead the review, analysis and interpretation of study data
- Support communication of study results as assigned
Who you are:
- A board-certified medical doctor (MD) with clinical experience in oncology experience strongly preferred
- Experience in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology company preferred
- Bachelor’s degree with 10 plus years of experience, master’s degree with 5 plus years, or PhD with 3 plus years of experience minimum requirement
- Ability to work in a global work environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentations (posters, paper, seminars) to external parties
- Ability to collaborate in a seamless fashion with project/program/functional teams
- Able to maintain familiarity with progress in the field
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.