A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your role: As a DNA Modification Department Team leader, you will be responsible for leading staff and daily activities within the DNA Modification manufacturing department (7 laboratory technicians). To organise and maintain high levels of service, quality and safe operation and to develop team members and ensure the MOD department communications. In addition, your task will be to understand the principles of leadership, motivation and mentoring team members. Takes responsibility for training and integration of new starters along with continued development of existing team members. Demonstrate leadership and support for the HSE policies and proactively strives to ensure safe working environment at all times. Encourage process improvements within team, through the CIP framework. Generate, develop and oversee key performance indicators for the departments, in order to maintain high level of operation performances in a continual improvement mode. Ensure that the department is in a operative mode at all time and liaise with the other departments (Order Management, Engineering, QC, purchasing, Shipping, etc.). Provide guidance and instruction to the team helping organise the work and the main priorities. Agrees, sets and regularly reviews team and individual’s performance. Ensure that departments of responsibility are audit ready at all times.
Who you are:
- A Level in Chemistry/BioChemistry/ Biology/Forensic-Science (essential)
- Degree in Life Science/Chemistry (preferable).
- Minimum of 2-3 years relevant Team leader experience, within an operation, QC or other laboratory environment.
- Experience as a technician, in order to gain experience of the systems, processes and work practices.
- Understanding of manufacturing environment, production time frames and customer expectations
- Experience in people management, objective setting, end-of-year review.
- Good understanding of process improvement & Lean Manufacturing techniques
- Computer literacy – operational systems, LIM systems, analytical software, and Microsoft Excel.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com