A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
What we offer:
Our portfolio extends from liquid crystals for displays and pigments for automotive coatings to cancer treatments, and your possibilities to develop in our growing company are just as exciting. As a stock-listed company, we still make history – not least because we take responsibility for our employees, products, the environment and society. We offer a modern and international working environment to unleash your innovative potential in diverse teams
We are a leading science and technology company in healthcare, life science and performance materials. Around 50,000 employees in 66 countries work to further develop technologies that improve and enhance life – from biopharmaceutical therapies to treat cancer or multiple sclerosis, cutting-edge systems for scientific research and production, to liquid crystals for smartphones and LCD televisions. The position is located in Carrigtwohill Co Cork, Ireland
The maintenance engineer supervisor will be responsible for ensuring technical understanding for all processes within their area, this role will direct and coordinate all maintenance activities in support of production in a safe, cost-effective and environmentally sound manner, assuring capacity and achieving plant performance metrics.
- Provide on-going assessment of equipment issues and reliability (based on gathered data and statistical analysis) and apply effective methods of preventative and corrective maintenance to ensure resource deployment is effective and efficient.
- Provide leadership to the maintenance team with regards to safety initiatives and practices to develop and maintain an injury-free workplace.
- Lead a maintenance team of mechanical and electrical resources with a dotted line to controls engineers, with emphasis on performance, involvement, teamwork and development.
Who you are:
- You have a minimum level 7 degree in an Engineering related discipline
- 5-8+ years of experience in maintenance engineering, leadership and team management experience in a GxP environment.
- Self-starter and independent critical thinker, with the aptitude to work autonomously and within a team
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and project management skills
- Demonstrated high performance with the ability to execute and get results
- Excellent leadership, facilitation and communication skills
- Ability to influence within a matrix organisation with direct indirect authority.
- High level of energy and enthusiasm and the ability to energize others
- Experience with planning and executing change within a high work paced environment
- Keen ability to teach and coach
- Preferable experience with CMMS system (Notably INFOR)
- Preferable experience with a Calibration System. (Notably INFOR).
- Previous experience within an ATEX environment an advantage.
- Be familiar with planned preventative maintenance approaches
- Excellent awareness and experience in relation to Quality and EHS
We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!