A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Digital Group Functions - Application Expert, inc MFlow
Operating within the Application Technology Team of Merck IT the Digital Group Function MFlow Expert will be responsible for delivering MFlow IT application services for local group functions including finance, HR. The role will have responsibilities also within the wider APAC region including providing a service to other Application Technology units.
For application services in scope of group functions - capture of requirements / needs, set up and run the delivery projects, coordination and develop/configure on time within scope, testing, implementation and after care for these initiatives.
During the project phase, you oversee all aspects - set deadlines, coordinate the meetings and capture the changes, configure and deliver the product, summarize progress of project. During the after-care phase, you will allocate your time to ensure efficient, quality customer service, process changes effectively etc.
- Support and maintenance of dedicated application services within group functions portfolio and other services as needed
- Interface with other Merck IT teams as required to provide service availability as per KPIs
- Manage vendors as required
- Estimate the effort and setup project with proper documents and schedule as required
- Manage the changes and deliver the product with user satisfaction
- Summarize and communicate the progress of project and change requests
- Effective reporting of project / change / task status to manager
Who You Are
- 5+ years working experience in technology
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years experience developing on SQL, HTML, java-script. Sharepoint, K2
- 3+ years application management experience, incl. application lifecycle management, upgrades etc
- 3+ years application supporting experience – incident / problem / change management (ITIL)
- 1+ years project management or coordination experience
- Working knowledge of SQL Query (MS SQL)
- Experience working and knowledgeable about web applications
- Working experience in project management
- Fluent spoken and written in English
- Fluent spoken and written in Chinese
- Prefer fluent spoken and written of Japanese / Korea
- Prefer Working knowledge of Lotus Notes
- Initiative to constantly improve products, services, processes and working routines.
- Flexibility and keen pursuit of innovation throughout all processes in the continuous search of sustainable new ideas
- Willingness to set yourself challenging goals in order to achieve superior performance.
- Strong desire to develop and grow by way of taking responsibility and engaging in additional tasks and operations
- Business process knowledge especially in group functions domain
- Customer orientation and commitment to quality
What we offer: We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com