A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Provide Senior Management and other stakeholders with robust product and market information to allow for a deep understanding of the marketplace and products, as well as track our success in the market. Work with the team to develop KPI metrics, tracking products and market events, and communicating insights. Close collaboration with the Sr. Manager, Forecasting and others in the organization to align on goal tracking. Support individuals throughout the organization in understanding data available within the Business Excellence department and responsible for data analysis and communication of insights. Reports to the Associate Director, Forecasting and Performance Metrics, part of the EMD Serono Business Excellence department. Act as a partner who contributes to business performance with joint accountability with other functions with though understanding of our marketplace and products. Involved in preparing to launch a new product and provide insights for the company’s largest revenue product.
• Provide clear, thorough and consistent analysis and insights to teams regarding market trends, product performance, market opportunities, potential risks
• Work with the N&I Commercial team, Business Insights, Commercial Analytics, Managed Markets, Finance and Supply Chain, and other functional areas to gain a complete and thorough understanding of EMD Serono’s products
• Enable senior management to make informed, data based decisions by providing business analysis and analytical support, particularly in areas where data is difficult to assess/unreliable and a high level of analytical skill is required
• Partner and collaborate closely with the Senior Manager, Forecasting and additional functional areas to ensure that key performance metrics are aligned with strategy and forecasts, and support the development and design of standard report
• Interact with the data team by providing mock deliverables and views for creation in Tableau, deliver KPI goals and timely updates for KPI tracking, interact with Stakeholders to explain and resolve issues with KPI Executive Dashboard and other views used for data tracking
• Lead monthly and weekly commercial team presentations and discussions to Senior Management; present own ad hoc and other analysis to US Senior Management
• Proactively contribute to the evaluation, analysis, integration, correlation and communication of available data sources such as secondary market audits, primary market research, competitive intelligence, sales analytics data, financial data, supply chain data, managed markets data.
• Implement current industry best practices quantitative business analysis
Who you are:
- BS/BA required, MBA preferred
- Fluency in English is required
- 4 -5 years in pharmaceutical data analytics with MBA, or 5 -9 years’ experience with BS/BA
- Biotech/pharmaceutical industry experience highly preferred
- Previous experience in consulting, investment banking and/or commercial assessments for pharmaceutical/biotechnology area is a plus
- Experience in analytical roles and with secondary data sources
- Experience with pharmaceutical data sources (IQVIA, patient claims, longitudinal data, etc.) for orals and injectable products
- Understanding of forecasting techniques
- Outstanding Excel and PowerPoint skills; Tableau experience a plus
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to influence others in a tactful and well thought out manner with supporting information and logic and through building and defending arguments, as well as listening and understanding a variety of perspectives, to reach a consensus of opinion
- Ability to lead constructively within a team environment and cross functionally
- Broad business understanding and ability to apply principles of logic and critical thinking to a wide range of complex business issues
- Ability to work under pressure, with tight deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to balance several on-going projects simultaneously
- ADA REQUIREMENTS
- Normal and routine office duties
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.