A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
This role is the perfect opportunity for an experienced Medical Affairs professional to be a part of exciting new developments within Neurology and Immunology. With a mix of established, launched and pipeline products within the portfolio there will be plenty to get involved with as a Head of Medical for Neurology and Immunology. The role will involve line managing a lean team focused on bringing our innovative treatments to the patients that need them.
Purpose of the role
To provide high quality medical/scientific expertise and strategic insight into relevant therapeutic disease area. Key strategic medical role responsible for creating and implementing TA medical plan and resultant medical activities. Contribution to cross-functional therapy area teams to help shape overall strategic direction for the franchise. Will lead and manage the medical team in the implementation of the medical plan and customer facing medical activities.This is a complex matrix environment with key stakeholders which include KTLs, commercial, medical, market access, clinical operations and senior management teams.
Strategic Impact of the Role
- You will lead the development of the country Medical Affairs Strategic Plan (MASP), deliver medical strategic tactics and support the clinical development plan, and adapt throughout the year as appropriate
- You will provide key medical insights and input to cross-functional therapy area teams, contributing to the overall strategic direction for the franchise, with input incorporated into the Country Brand Plan (CPB) and ongoing activities and strategic direction of franchise throughout the year
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define and implement product strategy and be the lead on the relevant medical strategic and tactical plan.
- Manage the planning and tracking of the medical budget and ensure timely reporting on the activities and KPI‘s
- Advise medical and marketing teams of the potential impact of company/competitor data and environmental changes to our business
- As appropriate, write/manage the clinical section of Health Technology Appraisals in conjunction with the Market Access Department and external providers
- Lead on the strategic alignment of the MSL activities with the overall medical plan. Lead or support the MSL Manager (MSLM) in leading the MSL team in terms of induction, training, supporting and mentoring the team.
- Initiate, develop/maintain contacts with KOLs and external groups to enhance scientific exchange, understanding of the external environment, advocacy, clinical trial activities (company sponsored and ISTs) and response to questions
- Devise relevant educational meetings, symposia and advisory board meetings within specialist TA
- Support clinicians and pharmacists in compiling the clinical sections of regional funding applications upon request
- Experienced Medical Affairs professional
- Final signatory status
- Passionate about developing people and improving lives
- Qualified as a Pharmacist or Medical Doctor
- Experience of having worked within Neurology or Immunology would be advantageous.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com