A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
This role is responsible for smooth and efficient operation for transportation management, including supervising and ensuring the implementation of logistic safety, improving customer satisfaction - “last mile” service, seeking continuous improvement opportunity to drive cost effectiveness, leading digitalization projects liaise with cross functions (customer excellence, carrier, BT etc.). He/she should be the function owner to select right people, constant engagement, motivation, management and closely working with team.
· Have a clear understanding of the company's mission and vision and how the distribution/transportation contributes to these
· Participant in coordinating all actions with LS projects and initiatives, including domestic/international transportation
· Liaising with customers and other departments (Customer Excellence, Supply chain, Quality Management, EHS, etc.) to achieve LS/Distribution goals
· Training, supervising and appraising team members with strong leadership
· Be responsible for continuous improvement as an innovator of positive change in a cross functional environment that impacts logistics spend metrics
· Ensuring that quality objectives and delivery deadlines are met
· Work with logistic purchase to analysis LS China domestic transportation service contract, select suitable vendor and allocate service mode and area considering the rate, reputation and experience
· Ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation
· Skills & Competences required
o Good team working skills
o Strong communication and negotiation skill with service providers (3PL warehouse & Transportation company)
o People management, motivating subordinate with clear goal or target
o Good communication in ENG, written and oral
o Strong problem-solving capability
o Project Management experience
o Logical reasoning, numerical skills, technical skills
o SAP knowledge and implementation experience
o Master / Bachelor degree in Logistic, Supply Chain or Engineer
o 8-10 year experience in supply chain, logistic in Chemical/Biologics and 3-5 years as the management role. CSCP/CLTD is preferred
o Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills to include establishing rapport, careful listening, building trust, overcoming barriers.
o Lean analytical/statistical, strong problem-solving, presentation and communication skills.
o Ability to lead, coach and instruct others
What we offer: We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com