A career at MM is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
- Define the scope of division compliance requirements and ensure operational excellence in the areas of import & export control and domestic trade compliance.
- Manage commodity classification analysis, including commodity jurisdictions and determination of import declaration data.
- Conduct Compliance review on Life Science products to identify regulated requirements, e.g. biologics, drug precursor, toxin etc.
- Offering declaration elements and resolution of Customs inquires to support daily import/export operation.
- Identify opportunities for process efficiency and effectiveness in compliance through automation or process improvement, put in place compliance-related metrics and a program for continuous improvement.
- Ensure the efficiency of daily customs affairs agreed with KPIs and business requirement.
- Local customs compliance as it relates to new operation setup, business opportunities and product launches.
- Implement Company`s Trade Compliance Policy, corporate trade compliance standards and best practice procedures. Provide policy direction, advice and guidance for import/export activities to Commercial, Product Management, Customer Excellence, Field Services, Supply Chain and Distribution.
- Interface with customs authorities, freight forwarders and customs brokers to process import and export shipments. Conduct trade compliance audits of external service providers. Monitor and report on changes of relevant trade compliance environment with impact with Company Life Science business. Analyze available trade compliance regulation information.
- Manage and educate businesses on evolving requirements in a rapidly changing legal landscape.
- Bachelor (or above) degree of biotechnology, chemical or related background etc.
- 5 years above working experience in Trade Compliance or import & export function
- Solid experience for HS management on biologicals
- Certified HS pre-classification operator (by Customs) preferred
- Strong Analytical ability and problem-solving skills
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Highly engaged and attention to details
- Good digital sense
- Very good Microsoft skill.
What we offer: We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com