A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your Role: The Regional Account Manager (RAM) will oversee and manage the overall customer relationship for the Actives & Formulation business. This exciting opportunity will develop sales for standard products and uncover leads for customised products or complex sales project whilst protecting and growing existing business. The Regional Account Manager will understand the customer pipeline, projects, strategy, goals and work closely with Specialists, handover the lead of the projects to them and give any needed support. They will take care of Formulation also for large molecule production, in conjunction with Upstream & Downstream sales colleagues in BioProcess and also ensure alignments with the Field Marketing team. The Regional Account Manager will leverage their technical and industry expertise for generating sales from existing or new customers for the Actives & Formulation product portfolio within a territory and he or she will be expected to utilise the available tools and resources to track and report sales activity and share account and process knowledge.
Territory: East, Central, West Midlands - North East, North West England - North Ireland
- The Regional Account Manager will ensure that the quarterly budget for the territory is met/exceeded, by gaining market share (e.g. competitive conversions, customer expansions, etc.), maintaining market share (e.g. process optimisation, timely reaction to customer enquiries, etc.) and seeding of new products in the customer´s pipeline. He or she will demonstrate confidence in effective Pricing and contract negotiation and closing business deals with senior managers and/or executives
- Provide an accurate and realistic forecast of the projected territory orders and actively work with the customers on a demand plan. Develop and execute a detailed business plan for growth in revenues of the territory in agreement with the direct manager and aligned with the company goals.
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of his/her accounts dynamics and strategy. Build favorable relationships with customers at all levels in the territory by developing an extensive network of contacts within accounts, including all relevant influencers and decision makers around projects. Monitor, maintain and update customer's information (molecule pipeline, organization, etc) and competition activities in appropriate databases. Monitor customer orders to ensure budget is achieved and work actively in close cooperation with the Commercial Service organisation in order that customers are delivered to in a timely manner. Ensure complaints are handled in a correct and timely manner through the complaint managment process.
- Build collaborations with customers utilising LifeScience portfolio / technology, has an awareness of potential x-PS applications and communicates that to customers.
- Work collaboratively with Sales Specialists Active & Formulation teams and partner with and build a detailed plan in cooperation with the Sales Specialists and Field Marketing for the new product introductions to the customers. He or she will also provide input to Sales Specialists and Technology Management for new product development and definition of current and future market needs via Voice of Customer initiatives. In addition, this role with partner with Field Marketing in identifying customer events, proposing market survey based on individual countries requirement, propose initiatives, capture in-market pricing and recommend to FM.Partners with BioProcess Regional & Strategic Account organization to ensure a full PS development of sales at his/her accounts.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com