A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
As an integral part of our innovation team at MilliporeSigma, the R&D Sr. Scientist of new stable isotope products will contribute to our mission to develop new stable isotope chemistry technology to enable commercialization of new high value products and services for new research areas and applications. He/she will collaborate with our partners in business development, marketing, sales, and production; ideate new product concepts; innovate solutions through chemistry, formulation, and engineering; and create workable and sustainable production know-how.
Our R&D Sr. Scientist is expected to set a high-quality standard for accuracy, in following good housekeeping practices, and in complying with all safety regulations.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or other related Science discipline with 3+ years’ experience with NMR and MS analysis or Master’s degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or other related Science discipline
- PhD in Organic Chemistry or other related Science discipline with 2+ years’ post-doctoral experience in organic synthesis and/or biosynthesis or Master’s degree in Organic Chemistry or other related Science discipline with 5+ years industry experience in NMR and MS analysis
- R&D experience in a stable isotope chemistry innovation field is highly desirable
- Chemical manufacturing experience would be another plus
- Highly knowledgeable with modern chemistry methodology - with a focus on synthetic organic chemistry, biosynthesis and new reaction exploration
- Knowledge and experience with design of experiment methodology preferred
- Advanced knowledge of NMR and MS applications
- Excellent written and presentation skills
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.