A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This Customer Service position involves working in a high energy, dynamic, and rewarding team environment focused on delivering best-in-class customer support. This individual will be responsible for ensuring each transaction is processed within EMD Performance Material guidelines, values and customer specifications. As a Customer Service Representative, this individual must have the ability to learn and master different skill sets. Produce work that is well executed, accurate, and attentive to detail. Take ownership of all customer interactions to ensure best-in-class service. Respond to customer inquiries and resolve issues quickly, competently and professionally. Enter internal and external customer orders and quotations received via all sales channels. Send documentation to customers. Solve situations related to orders, shipments, or other customer-related matters.
Use SAP and other Customer Service applications that house customer information, policies and procedures. Research and maintain customer account information within appropriate systems. Investigate, process, and record lost or damaged orders, non-product complaints, credit and/or rebill requests. Support company sales representatives in areas such as order placement, order status, and customer complaint issues. Adapt quickly to frequently changing applications and departmental and divisional policies and procedures. Demonstrate reliable attendance and adhere to scheduled work hours.Interact extensively in a team environment with peers, supervisors and managers to assist one another with orders and information. Interface with supporting departments including Technical Service, Finance, Distribution and Sales. Be flexible with the work schedule to meet the needs of the organization as required. The opportunity for growth exists for employees who have the potential and demonstrate the ability to learn at the next level of responsibility
Who You Are:
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Associates degree or higher education is preferred.
- 1+ years of customer service experience is Preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are imperative
- Act as a role model of EMD Performance Material guidelines values and best-in-class business practices.
- Able to meet the challenges of a fast-paced, high-energy environment, while maintaining a strong level of professionalism.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal communication and written skills, proactive problem-solving skills, and the ability to multitask effectively.
- Excellent listening and telephone communication skills.
- Highly motivated and organized, with attention to prioritizing incoming tasks.
- Knowledge of PC applications a plus.
- Adapt quickly to frequently changing applications and departmental and divisional policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate reliable attendance and adhere to scheduled work hours.
- Interact extensively in a team environment with peers, supervisors and managers to assist one another with orders and information.
- Interface with supporting departments including Technical Service, Finance, Distribution and Sales.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.